Let Me Tell You a Story of Stones and Shells and Seed Pods...
This is a chest we have in our living room. It is against a wall that you see when you walk into the home from the front door, and because the floor plan of this part of the house is open, you can see it from everywhere.
I have to thank Seth for his challenge on his blog, "Living With Art" for these photographs to happen." Seth made me look at this arrangement with new eyes. To find my own connections and make me wonder why different things have found a place here.
This arrangement is featured on his new post, as well as many other corners and walls and displays from amazing artists that will inspire you and make you want you to visit again and again.
After I took my first photograph that you will see on his blog I had to take more, to give you a closer look.
Before, I used to put my collections in my studio on shelves to inspire me when I worked.
But my studio had become more and more crowded and soon I wanted to spread out to the rest of the house.
This is where my love for science and art are entwined.
Here there are things from the ocean and the desert...
from my own findings or gifts from friends or family.
Things from far far away and objects from my own gardens.
Some made from my own hands.
Each object begs for examination, each carved or molded surface, each smooth stone and piece of rough wood. They all call to be noticed. Some things here are very simple and some have intricate patterns.
My arrangement here speaks of my love for old and new,
for handmade and nature made objects.
When I walk by,
I have to touch and examine...
a waterworn stone,
are all in front of me
Let me tell you a story
of stones and shells
and seed pods...
- Sep 12, 2017 Dancing on Raindrops Sep 12, 2017
- Aug 16, 2017 Create With me Aug 16, 2017
- Feb 26, 2017 As Winter Ends The Light Returns Feb 26, 2017
- Dec 4, 2016 A Quietness in the Cold Dec 4, 2016
- Nov 1, 2016 Yellow Light Nov 1, 2016
- Sep 22, 2016 Wildland Creatures, New Stencils Designs Sep 22, 2016
- Aug 16, 2016 That Time In Between Aug 16, 2016
- Jul 24, 2016 To Find Your Art Jul 24, 2016
- May 20, 2016 I Feel Like A Raindrop... May 20, 2016
- Jun 5, 2015 By The Light of Spring Jun 5, 2015
- Feb 19, 2015 Let Me Tell You a Story of Stones and Shells and Seed Pods... Feb 19, 2015
- Apr 2, 2014 Winter's End Apr 2, 2014
- Sep 11, 2013 September's Morning Sep 11, 2013