An Online Workshop by Roxanne Evans Stout
Whether you already love it or you want to try observing, writing, drawing, painting, and photographing outside, Nature Journaling online offers new ideas and techniques. You'll collage in conjunction with nature and wildlife and create gorgeous projects that include found objects.
The course enriches creativity and vision and fosters greater observation of the natural world, helping you be more at ease with writing what you see and feel,freeing you to be more perceptive and reflective.
I've constructed the course to be for all levels, so first-timers and experienced artists alike can reap the benefits of the beautiful content and inspiring lessons. Each week's projects include experimenting with painting, drawing, writing, collaging, mixed media, and often photography.
It began in the month of almost summer month of June but could easily work in any season!
Through out the workshop, we will take a closer look at and play with flowers, leaves-twigs-grasses, butterflies, trees, and birds.
We also eco-dye in the garden and make a beautiful accordion book to hold our observations and creations.
Gorgeous pictures and inspirational quotes accompany the lessons, blog posts,and videos.
This workshop is for you if:
- You love to draw and paint outside, or would like to try.
- You have always been interested in the nature and wildlife that surrounds you.
- You want to start a nature journal or continue one with new techniques and ideas.
- You would like to include found object and collages in your nature journal.
You can work at your own speed. There is no time limit.
As with all of my online workshops, I want to help you find your magic and make each project uniquely yours.
Go at your own pace - there is plenty of room to return to a portion or to repeat as many times as you like!
PLUS, once you register, you continue to have access to the videos and groups forever after. After two years if you still want access to the blog you can email me and I will add you to a new list of readers.
This Nature Journaling workshop will include at least 15 projects in drawing and painting or collaging and:
- Videos to go with the projects
- Journal writing prompts
- Collaging projects incorporated on the same pages as your art and writing
- Collecting and photographing ideas
- Wonderful mixed-media ideas including attaching found objects and stitching for embellishment
- a special section on eco-dyeing
- Ending with a hand-made accordion book
- A private blog
This is the accordion book that I demonstrate in Nature Journaling.
My worktable as I get ready to film...
During this workshop beautiful photographs and videos will be sure to inspire you! AND you will love seeing the journal pages
from my students HERE!
When you sign up for this workshop you will always have unlimited access to the Nature Journaling blog, videos and Flickr site.
You will receive drawing and painting lessons in:
- Painting backgrounds
- And much more!
We will work on:
- Page layout and design
- Black and white drawings using pencils and pen and ink,
- Water-color painting using paints and watercolor pencils.
A supply list will be provided on the Nature Journaling Blog. All levels of drawing and painting skills are welcome!
Join me for just...
Here are some examples of student works, I just love them!
You can see that we use collaging, stitiching, and eco-dying in this workshop!