A Quietness in the Cold
December comes quietly this year.
Soft rain and snow.
The ground is still not frozen.
Today there is a pause in the wind.
In the quiet I think about the last year.
So much amazingness.
So much to be grateful for.
Mostly that my book, Storytelling with Collage, was published by North Light Books and I think people are loving it as much as I loved working on it.
My Pathways and Wanderings online workshop was a huge success and I am now working on another one called
I am always pushing myself to learn more about the filming and editing process.
I am always growing.
I traveled and met some wonderful people
and taught at some incredible venues.
But what I've been thinking about is what it comes down to, what really matters and what really stirs your heart...
are the people you love and the home you have created.
Those who you always come back to. The people who make you smile.
The place where you are yourself.
Where you can recharge and are free to be creative.
So what I wish for you and for myself are...
A warm home and people to love.
(and perhaps a few dogs or a cat)
A place to create.
Windows to gaze out of.
And a mixture of
some quiet times
and some love-filled moments
to make your heart sing.
This is what really matters.
And may you love all of these moments with all of your heart.
- Aug 16, 2017 Create With me Aug 16, 2017
- Feb 26, 2017 As Winter Ends The Light Returns Feb 26, 2017
- Dec 4, 2016 A Quietness in the Cold Dec 4, 2016
- Nov 1, 2016 Yellow Light Nov 1, 2016
- Sep 22, 2016 Wildland Creatures, New Stencils Designs Sep 22, 2016
- Aug 16, 2016 That Time In Between Aug 16, 2016
- Jul 24, 2016 To Find Your Art Jul 24, 2016
- May 20, 2016 I Feel Like A Raindrop... May 20, 2016
- Jun 5, 2015 By The Light of Spring Jun 5, 2015
- Feb 19, 2015 Let Me Tell You a Story of Stones and Shells and Seed Pods... Feb 19, 2015
- Apr 2, 2014 Winter's End Apr 2, 2014
- Sep 11, 2013 September's Morning Sep 11, 2013